Sunday 22 April 2012

Trinket Box

 Trinket Box

Heres a Trinket Box I made last week ,  A small  chest-like wooden box can be found at most HobbyCraft stores , Think I picked this one up from the Craft barn in Lingfield for a few pounds . I glued on very small googly eyes for the rivets, (they are the perfect size for this and cheap as chips) and then covered the lid in a white Acrylic base coat . The rest of the box was done is a metallic licac paint and then the whole thing was sprayed with Crafters Companion multicolour glitter vanish. The frame was 4 die cut corners in silver foil 250gsm card and then I just decorated with paper flowers and pearls with a silver butterfly in the centre, this was made from the waste of a  butterfly peel-off, lifted with masking tape and then stuck onto acetate, I think it came out pretty good and cost less than a fiver to make x


I don't normally do boxes  but think for a first attempt this came out well. If you like what I do please leave comments as it's great to get feedback on my work x


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read all feedback and totally appreciate you taking to the time to leave comments , Thank you xx