Sunday 22 April 2012

Rainy Sunday Afternoons...

So its piddling down outside, the cats curled up by the fire , the dogs sulking because he's been ousted to the corner of the rug and lost the prime spot and I'm here in front of my Pc again , so I thought as theres not a lot going on this afternoon I'd pop on some of my favourite cards for you to check out , here's just a few that make me smile.  Anniversary cards for old friends and new, a mothers day card for a friend mum and some wedding cards to sell at the country Fayre's we visit on hot summer weekends.

 Today is nothing like those days in June with its thundery outbursts and ridiculous winds, Mother nature determined to remove our recently erected new fences taken down by her last hissy-fit. This time last week we were sitting on the grass  eating chicken salad, chilling in the sunshine  and watching the bravest (and some say the maddest of them all) young men that ride in the British super bikes tearing round Thuxton race circuit at 150 mph . Sadly today its cold, wet and miserable outside, still that means more time to blog and craft and relax with a piping hot coffee and a packet of chocci biccies  (low- cal of course)
These are some baby bits I remember putting together in 2010, the Princess Pram is from the Arty Farty  range and took all day as i wanted it to look just right , theres lots of pink lace and white pearl centura A3 card  in that project, and the cricut was out for the lettering on the top and for the baby grows and text on the card above.  luckily they're waterproof as I was told the babies mum was overwhelmed when she saw it  and sobbed uncontrollably.( probably more to do with hormones, bless her) I see the twins on a regular basis and they are truly bonnie little ladies now

This card i just love, it was very easy to make I used a spellbinders die to cut out the large flower in parchment paper and then embossed it though the cuttlebug and a little punch for the smaller ones, a sprinkling of holographic glitter on top to finish. I punched some silver leaves out with a martha stewart punch and added a few border leaf peel offs. The bible is the tiny book in the centre of the glitter girls Bookatrix and the doves came from the cricut Sweethearts-Cartridge  . All based on a cream aperture card it really works for me. it's one of those cards  (and I'm sure I'm not alone on this )  that after its made, you just like too much to give away. theres just something I love about it, Don't get me wrong I'm not religious in any way shape or form, it fact it has been know to thunder and lightning when  I step in to churches so I tend to steer clear.  No I think its just cause its clean, crisp and to the point. I think when this one go's, it will be to someone very special to me until then I think I'll just hang on to this one a little longer....
Anyway the rain has finally stopped and the sun is now shining so I'm off out for a lemonade with friends and to catch up on all the latest gossip xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read all feedback and totally appreciate you taking to the time to leave comments , Thank you xx