Saturday 26 May 2012

Fancy Fun Floral Ovals...


 Morning Crafters and what a glorious morning it is, the sun is beaming in and the weather man has promised us 27 degrees by lunchtime. If I'm going to do any work today best get upstairs before the heatwave hits, as my little loft can get rather hot during the summer season ( and its only May!!)

Mr Postie came yesterday bearing gifts for evil-bay thanks to iconuk.crafts for my Nestabilities Spellbinders  Floral Oval die set , a bargain at £15.49 including p&p. have been enjoying myself playing with them and creating some lovely cards.  Here are a few I thought you might enjoy seeing. The stamp was from Elizabeth Bell and the range is called 'Bells and Whistles' and was purchased from my friends at J and C Creations you can also find the moccoran motif spellbinders on their website too, which is what was used as a base for the sentiment . The image I coloured in with pro-markers, I then used the 'regal' M-bossibilities board again from spellbinders for the backing sheet, this was cut into 4 and matt and layered before placing on the main blank card. I added some paper flowers and finished with some pastal candy dots. A sweet little card for a childs birthday.

The beauty of stamping and 'colouring in' is the varity of different cards available to you to make, heres a blue version I did after by finishing the yellow and peach one above. By changing the backing paper and arrangment, you have a new and different card to share. All the elements are the same as the yellow card but I have added some fancy swirls under the sentiment this time. I love to stamp but dont always get the time and so have really enjoyed making these cards. I think I will have to send a few hours on this sort of thing more as I find its so therapeutic and calming to do in these hectic days we create for oursleves . It's good to take 'some chill' time once in a while...
Here are a couple of cards using the fancy floral Ovals again but this time with some Hunky Dory card stock, the Sentiment is from 'Clarity Stamps' and is by G Ghandi and is lovely, it reads
' If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden'
The floral Oval shapes were cut out of some Hunky Dory card stock I recieved free with one of their magazines and I bought a 2 sheet pack of their beautiful butterflies from Biggin Hill paper show last week. The corner punch is from Martha Stewart and you will see a lot of that punch in my cards as it is one of my faverites to use

This card below has been created using the new spellbinders 'cut and tuck' range of dies, this one is called floral burst  and as the website says 'the new Spellbinders Shapeabilities Cut • Fold • Tuck die templates creates intricate geometric designs in a single pass.' They are rather spendid, its a shame the photo below isn't clearer as they make a fabulous card . The butterflies are a nice touch and are  from Hunky Dory and the floral Oval is behind the main flower again cut out of cream card, apoligies again for photo quality the backing paper, is just some plain white run though the  'fancy hearts' M-bossibilities folder. Simple buy classic. I choose to make mine a Golden wedding Anniversary card but simply change the gold to silver and you can celebrate a 25th just as easily 


I hope you like these cards and they help to inspire you in some way to creating your own works of 'art'
if you like what you see, why not leave a comment or follow me
everyones welcome..xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read all feedback and totally appreciate you taking to the time to leave comments , Thank you xx