Tuesday 1 May 2012

Flutterbies


Good Afternoon Crafters

 At last the sun has finally come out and the skies are blue again, the postman arrived bright and early at 10am today which is really early for him and there was a small packet on the doorstep ready to be investigated. It was my newest butterfly die from marianne designs and I have got stuck in with it already. It's larger than I expected around 4'' to 5'' wide and cuts beautifully, the paper is easy to release from it, even tho it is so filligree. here are a few cards I did this afternoon along with one of the older Marianne Butterfly dies,  hope you like them.  


The background to this card is some ordinary pink card around 250gsm embossed in an leafy embossing folder though the cuttlebug and then dusted with a pink mirca powder,  The picture doesn't show the wonderful shimmer it has. The backing toppers are from the spellbinders collection of dies moroccon motifs and picot edged circles and the topper sentiment was from a kit from hunky dory . Add some gems and a bow and you have the finished result


This card was made using kanbans 'spring blossom'  clear stamps, the backing cards was embossed the same way as the above card and dusted with an olive green micro powder. Then I cut it into 3 sections and then matt and layered to add a little interest. I like that affect and you will be seeing it again. Tim Holts distress inks work well in floral images I find and I stamp with them a lot . I used peeled paint green ink pad on this occasion The spellbinders labels 3 are a nice size to stamp on. add a Marianne designe butterfly on the side, a few pearls , silk flowers and hatpins in the corners to finish it nicely


This card shows off the beautiful detail you can get from a Marianne butterfly die if you would like to purchase any of the matials I used on these cards from your cutting machines to ink, check out the range on offer at .j and c creations










No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read all feedback and totally appreciate you taking to the time to leave comments , Thank you xx