Tuesday 19 June 2012

Grunge it up...


Go grungy and decorate anything using the Tim holts distressing inks 
Heres a few items I've 'grunged' up with a matching pattern on them, using Tim holts distressing inks, gold flake, bleach and a black ink pad.


On the small pine chest I first covered the chest with tissue paper pasted on with watered down pva glue. I left this to dry completly then grunged it up with a fired brick and dusty concord coloured ink pads. Then I dibbled bleach over some of the ink to lighten areas, you need to only a tiny amount to do this. I added some gold flake and then stamped up with a roman clock pattern and a small dandylion stamp


This tinket box is made using the same techinque as the chest , I have added a few gems a flower and a butterfly. The base box is recycled card and the plain
boxes can be found in loads of different shapes at most craft shops for a few pounds, this one cost me 99p!!


Below is a matching birthday card which would complement the set nicely if I planned on giving the set as a gift...


I like to make a range of cards and projects and think sometimes its good to leave your 'comfort zone' from time to time, so I plan to start adding a few new ideas in the future. hope you like these.
 Please feel free to leave comments and follow my blog 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read all feedback and totally appreciate you taking to the time to leave comments , Thank you xx