Tuesday 2 October 2012

Mimosa Christmas Tree


Here's a little Christmas card made using the 'Mimosa Christmas Tree' Stamp by Bildmalarna

I used
14 cm x14cm Grey Card blank
Tim Holts Distressing Inks
Spellbinders labels 20 Die
Spellbinders floral oval Die
Gold and yellow coloured card
Green pattened card
Sentiment

I first stamped the image with a black versafine pad and I then embossed with some clear embossing powder, that way the colours don't bleed into each other. If I were using pro markers I like the momento Tuxedo black ink pad for my stamping projects as this does not react to the alcohol pens
I used Tim holts Distressing inks,' Fired brick,' pine needles' and 'Mustard Seed' to colour the stamped images, with a little water added they become a very nice watercolour paint , just dab the ink pad on an old tile or plate and add tiny amounts of water as they are very juicy to start with. A good paint brush is also essential. when the painting was done I added some clear glitter to highlight the hat, cuffs and boots and dusted the outside of the spellbinders shape labels 20 using a ink blending tool with a Tim holts Pine needles Distressing Ink. I then matt and layered onto a spellbinders Floral oval die, cut from some green and gold embossed card.I Added 3 layers of edged card and patterned paper with some snow flakes and a sentiment to finish, mine has bells on!!

Check out all the highlighted items on the J and C Creations Website

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read all feedback and totally appreciate you taking to the time to leave comments , Thank you xx