Saturday 6 April 2013

Sheena Douglas Stamps - A little bit sketchy


Here's a few Cards I made using my 3 favorite stamps from the Sheena Douglas's 'A little bit Sketchy' new range of rubber stamps

The first is called 'Destination'
and features the sailing ship, coastline and map with a separate Sentiment , I loved it and have used it on a couple of cards , it is such a detailed image .I had some old wood print paper in the bottom of a drawer which I thought would work well with this and some garden string which I tied in a reef knot works well don't you think!

Loving the Sentiment too, it reads 'To sail o'er silent Seas again...






 This one has been stamped on in a light blue archival ink  pad and then coloured with my Spectrum Noirs in Greys and browns, then I masked in a map 'shape' The outside was stamped with a swirl stamp , then embossed with a white/ blue pearl cosmic shimmer powder and then I used the pattern as a resist and  inked all over with a Tim Holt's China blue ink pad .

There are grid lines on the stamp image and on another card I coloured them in thicker and made them look more like rigging!! just another way to use them ... (thinking outside the box there)






The church card was stamped with the 'Believe' stamp with a black memento pad and then coloured with my Spectrum Noirs and then matt and layered onto some black and brown card then onto an A5 scalloped card
  








The one to the left was done with a big and juicy inkpad and I just dragged the colour out with a fine paintbrush and then dusted the edges of the image with a Tim Holts light brown  'Antique photo' ink pad the flower was made with a Crafter's Companion quilling die and then topped with a beautiful black gem from their frou frou sparkle and fluff embellishments kit xx




 These last cards were make with the 'Majestic Oak' Stamp . I stamped and then embossed in black matt powder, the moon was a circle mask cut from post-it pads, placed in the corner and then removed after I had inked around the tree with my Tim Holt's coloured ink pads, the grass was created by tearing off strips of paper and  inking the green and brown over them at angles, this gives a hilly layered effect .

It's easy, try it on some scrap paper you will amaze yourself with the results!!









This card was done the same way as the first but in different colours, more oranges and browns and the tree is embossed in gold this time. When the image was finished I ran it through my cricut machine and cut it into tiles to create this effect . The backing card was a Creative Expressions  'Floral lace' mask inked in brown and then sprayed with a gold mica spray onto Centura pearl card .




hope you like what you see , you can find Sheena's Stamps over at the  Crafter's Companion website in the Stamps section xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read all feedback and totally appreciate you taking to the time to leave comments , Thank you xx